83 views
Verified Reviewer

I posted a job on Upwork looking for someone to manage my social media advertising for my e-commerce business. A Hibu representative reached out and sold me on their social media marketing product claiming they were a preferred company with Facebook received discounted rates and I could essentially do more with my current ad spend.

I clearly stated my objectives were to increase conversions and have experts managing my social media campaigns to optimize conversions. They convinced me that this is what they do, and I agreed to hand over my entire $1500/month advertising budget to them. Once I got to speak with the advertising specialist that was assigned to my account, I learn that I am only able to run reach and traffic ads in one region at a time. I clearly stated my intention was to have someone manage ad campaigns that would optimize conversions to market my E-COMMERCE business.

Why would an online business want to run regional ads with their previous advertising budget?!? I was lured into a 6 month contract with the promise of services this company does not provide. When I emailed and called the first week to cancel stating that the product I am receiving does NOT match the product I was sold, I was passed around from person to person with absolutely no one willing to do anything because I verbally agreed to a contact over the phone. Their only answer is to say that the ads are receiving clicks and I should be happy with that.

I WAS NOT ASKING FOR PROFESSIONAL MARKETING HELP TO GET CLICKS. I specifically stated upfront that I was looking to create targeted conversion campaigns to increase sales.

I have had ZERO sales and in one month my company has lost 80% of its revenue. Great ads are the lifeblood of successful e-commerce businesses, and Hibus deceptive sales practices are going to destroy my new small business that I have poured every spare second of my time for the past year. It was a big leap for me to outsource any part of the efforts to grow my business and I fear the decision to work with Hibu may be the nail it its coffin.

I was getting a decent ROI when I was running my own ads and now I am losing the steady income I count on to pay my mortgage and care for my family. I am not only out $1500 a month for advertising that does not fit the needs of my business, but I am out the income I made prior to handing over my advertising budget to Hibu.

User's recommendation: Please, please, please do yourself a favor and do NOT do business with this company.

Preferred solution: I would like my contract cancelled. .

Hibu Cons: Lack of empathy, Deceitful sales practices, Awful customer service.

Comments

#2203142

I agree because they put their automictic renewal in the fine print. When you ask to speak with a supervisor or someone higher up the won't let you.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and we want to help you resolve any issues. Please email us at cs.escalations@hibu.com with "PC concern” in the subject line and your business name and/or account number in the body and we’ll do what we can to make things right.

Hibu Reviews