2K views

A rep from hibu came into mu business and presented me with a presentation to advertise in a new product. Since no one with a brain would choose to advertise in paper let alone the phone book, they choose to create local hometown magazines.

In my case it was Linglestown Magazine. The rep had me sign a tablet to acknowledge that he gave me the presentation. The company superimposed my signature on a contract. 2700.00$ The rep lied and his company failed to present me with this so called contract.

HIBU is in big trouble with their stocks dropping faster than they could anticipate. They are desperate. Do not even speak to a rep from HIBU. They have so many pending complaints with the BBB, I had no idea they would stoop so low as to play hardball with fake presentations.

Do not use HIBU.

I now had to hire an attorney. Paper advertising is a dinosaur in an internet world.

Comments

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #1267883

Is there a class action law suit against HIBU / Yellow Book? I would like to join. Don

to Anonymous #1397334

did you find a an attorney yet. I want to sue

I have advertised with Hibu for six consecutive years without the slightest bit of difficulty doing business with them as a company or any of their employees. Each year I get more than enough business from the phone book ad to cover the cost of the ad many times over.

Mr. Joda Collins

Joda Collins Driving Academy

Milton, FL 32583

to Anonymous #1110338

Really!!? That's funny because no one uses the phone book anymore to do business.

to Anonymous Davenport, Iowa, United States #1295553

I ask most of those who use my service where they found me. In 2016, I made $1,610 more from those who said the found me in the phone book than it cost me to be there.

Same problem.with them,my *** tract is over and I am still getting statements after 2 years and getting billed.I called about 50 times and get a different answer every time. They are a big rip off.I don't know what to do.

I changed my credit card number,but still got billed under the new one. I don't have the money for a lawyer.I hate this company with a passion.

HIBU is the worst company I had ever dealt with.I signed a contract in NOVEMBER or 2013 and it is now September of 2015.I am still getting billed for calls.Every time I call them I get a different answer.They don't know what the *** they are doing.A total rip off company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Nothing but aggravation.

I am a 11 year tenured employee with Hibu. Please send me your account info and I will take this to the top.

We certainly do not superimpose signatures. If your rep did it was against all our company standards and he or she will be held accountable.

Please give us the opportunity to make this right. It should have never happened.

to BDR #1041798

They forged my signature and my ex-wife's signature for two consecutive years and I have a lawsuit filed against them in Tacoma, WA. It's going to arbitration on November 17th to get my money back.

In an e mail, Hibu stated that "the SR(sales rep) probably put his printed name on the contract, but he signed it". They are admitting that they write in the area of the contract that is supposed to be touched by the contracted company only. Hibu is crooked. They kept sending me bills and my ex-wife paid the bill not realizing that the contract we actually did sign had expired.

When we caught this, we looked for a contract and only found the two years that I actually did sign, but they had expired months before. When I called Hibu and told them I didn't sign with them, they said I did and they faxed me two contracts. The signatures on the contracts were ridiculous and then they admit that the SR printed my name on one of them!

I had a hand writing expert look at this and he wrote a formal report and states that the signatures are forgeries on a more probable than not basis.

to BDR #1544913

BDR, I would like to send you my complaint as well so you can take it to the top. I have contacted the State Attorney's General of Texas regarding deceptive trade practices.

It's not a false claim they did the same to me in Westchester county then I informed them I was out of business before that I found out the magazine closed and they still want money. Just called them 5 minutes ago they threaten and are nasty. They shut the magazine down and they still want a $1000 from me

to John #861841

Again please give me your business account name and number and I will open an investigation to help resolve your complaint.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States #802042

Do not use this company. Takes a long time to set up. I cancelled during the 30 day free trial and after 3.5 weeks they still have not refunded my money.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States #756181

This review is obviously fake. Also, the decisions of one individual shouldn't reflect on an enter company. Hibu has an excellent A+ rating with the BBB for resolving customer complaints. I've been a client for many years now and never had a single issue that wasn't promptly resolved. Hibu has great websites and advertising services that helped me and my family last in this digitally competiive business market. Highly recommended.

- Dale

to Dale Medford, New York, United States #902213

how much stock do you own in this company. that is the only possible reason to say what you just said. The company is the worst!!!

to Dale #1090164

My adds were always in column alphabetical listing (C), which I was usually close to the top and supplemented my add with bold and or larger 1HS to 2HS ads to be noticed. HIBU's sales team made recommendations to a competing advertiser to jump the listing (a/k/a "heading jumping") by suggesting that he advertise his (M) listed company by (using an unlicensed name) starting with (A).

When I contacted HIBU to advise them that not only was the advertiser violating serious insurance laws & regulations by using an unapproved and unregistered name with the NYS-DOS Division of Corporations and more seriously the NYS-DFS, Department of Financial Services Banking & Insurance divisions, but that it also violated HUBU's published "Code of Ethics" by NOT treating its advertisers fairly and equally.

HIBU's Code of Ethics QUOTE:" You need to apply our advertising rules equally and fairly to all advertisers. Do not unlawfully discriminate between individual advertisers or single out advertisers from any specific group for special treatment. Safeguard our customers’ advertising information.

You should not discuss details of customers’ proposed or actual advertising with any other customer. Documents created as part of your interaction with customers will be respectful

and a true record of your communication with them." END QUOTE.

You can find this info under their code of ethics at:

http://hibu-v2.production.investis.com/~/media/Files/H/Hibu-V2/Attachments/signpost/hibu-code-of-ethics-english.pdf In my case according the advertiser who jumped the heading for most of the county (I did not advertise in community) books I was in, he advised me in a recorded statement that the HIBU sales rep encouraged him to jump the heading and then advised him how to jump the heading to get in front of his competition. In our industry, when you get a call from a fire or water claim all you have to do is show up with documentation of your competent stellar reputation, which closes the deal. What my competitor didn't know until very recently is that what he did was a very serious violation of NYS insurance law that is still punishable to this day.

After 3 years of complaining to HIBU and refusing to pay for my adds the JUMPPER's finally went back to using his legal name in the (M) position. Although HIBU was aware of the unlawful activity for years they held the violators adds in place. As an adjuster representing policyholders, reporting this individual to the NYS Department of Financial Services could have cause him a penalty up to $500.00 + per book per add further investigation would revile hundreds of web adds. NYS-DFS disciplinary publications revel that many adjusters and brokers have been fined 25+K and or had their licences suspended or revoked for this reason.

As a successful female sole owner operator I would surely be black balled by the two major insurance association members for filing a formal complaint, which would no doubt cause retaliation in this very rough mostly (97%) male industry of "PUBLIC ADJUSTING. It just wouldn't be worth the trouble. Oddly the NYS-DFS will not open a case unless they have a verifiable complainant and I was not willing to create a mess for myself. HIBU should have acted ethically and quietly approached the advertiser as I requested.

My many demands to HIBU with verification of illegal activity fell on deaf ears likely because my competitor had a larger annual billing than I as he also advertised in community books. I refused to pay HIBU and in 2013 HIBU commence suite for 12K and I am defending it and filed counter claims. My documentation is voluminous and I hope a jury will vindicate me so that I can publish the case on line for others to see. So Much For HIBU's Code of Ethic's, which by the way is littered with warnings to their employees, vendors and more on issues of favoritism, non disclosure of client info, bribery, verbal & physical abuse, discrimination, unethical behavior, false or malicious allegations, matters concerning alcohol and other substances, harassment and intimidation, and the list goes on.

What kind of show do these people run. Their "Code" is a must read. Maybe my industry is not as rough compared to HIBU's. CASE INFO: NYS Nassau Supreme Index No.: 01309-13.

Initially filed in Nassau Supreme Court and now being transferred to Nassau County Court because of its small size.

If there are any others advertisers who had similar issues please contact me at cghc@mail.com. (NOT GMAIL) Thanks to all.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States #748012

This is a false claim. I work for Hibu and the only way we can secure a new client is with two signatures and a prior approved recurring credit card payment or an EFT WITH A DEPOSIT.

Our system simply will not allow for us to process an order without that information. This sounds like someone just wanted to bad mouth.

As for superimposing a signature....come on.

to Anonymous #774038

No, its probably not. I worked with hibu and they committed a number of atrocities sounding very similar to this story.

Maybe others figured a workaround. There are many companies that do the public very wrong and stay in business. Read the news ***. From what corner of naive wonderland do you hither from?

Plus they are nothing in a digitally competitive market but a bunch of dead dinosaurs trying to hold on by screwing over good hardworking companies and people. They are a drain on society and business, only sucking off good American businesses to hire low quality link builders in India and China.

And thats why they are failing. :zzz

Houston, Texas, United States #747193

I am curious what happened with your lawsuit I am assuming your attorney insisted you file because you had sufficient evidence proving the company lied and didn't produce promised results. I am guessing they told you that signing a contract is stating that you have read it and understand the terms of it.

If, and that is a big if, the employee didn't tell you there was a contract, could this just be an isolated incident where you learned the lesson that you should read every contract you sign thoroughly or don't sign it? Furthermore, how would they have an A+ rating with the BBB if they are not legit? They are a huge company that takes care of their employees and have been around for 80 years starting with Yellowbook. If they weren't a good company, you wouldn't see them operating today, and they wouldn't be one of Google's 19 Premier Partners that Google chose out of all the companies in the United States that do what they do.

In fact, Google just made a commercial about hibu. Check it out on Youtube! I am sorry for your experience. My advice would be to hire the attorney full time to read any contract you are going to sign.

Companies can't make every customer happy and will always have those bad reviews from those customers that felt they were wronged. A handful of complaints in the lifetime of the internet, is pretty good for a company that has been around for 80 years. If the BBB finds your complaint to be a valid one, then their rating will drop. They have an A+ rating.

Have a good day. :)

to Anonymous #768183

Why did Hibu go bankrupt?